I realized that I needed a personal trainer so I went on a search for one that finally ended on a high note. Initially, I headed back to Golds but they were less than helpful and I walked away extremely disappointed. I spoke to a trainer there and said that I was not interested in tracking my weight--I shared a lot about that--and then he told me that the first thing he would do in our work together is "weigh you and take all of your measurements so I can track your progress." Welllll mister, you didn't listen to me so I'm outta here. I got home, feeling very frustrated and didn't know what to do next. I started googling gyms in Eugene and came across a studio that echoed all of the things that I currently care about (health, wellness). I called them and they scheduled me for a consultation with the owner---which I thought was strange at first because I just wanted information about their facility and their services. To my surprise, the owner spent nearly two hours with me discussing my goals, their philosophy, what I am seeking, what kind of "plan" may work for me, what hasn't worked for me in the past, etc. It seriously felt like an intake session I would do with a client. I left there feeling inspired, heard, and motivated. I have been working with a trainer now for a week and I am loving it. He is incredible--and does not focus on size, weight, etc. He's focused on how I'm feeling, what my body can do, and teaching me about my muscles and how my body works. It's seriously the best self-care I have ever committed to. We have a personal training schedule for about 10 weeks and then I will likely start an individual Pilates training program.
Right now, I am focused on a training regimen with my trainer three days a week (not cheap, yet an awesome investment). I'm sore, but enthusiastic. :) And already feeling very strong again.
Check out where I'm investing my time and moula: http://www.carpediemfit.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment